Here is a excerpt from the book “How to talk to anyone, anytime, anywhere” by Larry King.
- They look at things from a new angle, taking unexpected points of view on familiar subjects.
- They have broad horizons. They think about, and talk about, a wide range of issues and experiences beyond their own daily lives.
- They are enthusiastic, displaying a passion for what they’re doing with their lives and an interest in what you’re saying to them at that moment.
- They don’t talk about themselves all the time.
- They are curious. They ask “Why?” They want to know more about what you’re telling them.
- They empathize. They try to put themselves in your place, to relate to what you’re saying.
- They have a sense of humor. And they don’t mind using it on themselves. Infact, the best conversationalists frequently tell stories on themselves.
- They have their own style of talking.